Funding to support expansion of pharmacy technician workforce
3rd August 2023 10.00 or 19.00
NHS England Workforce, Training and Education (WT&E) directorate are offering funding to support the training of pre-registration trainee pharmacy technicians (PTPTs) on a multi-sector training programme, or single sector Community Pharmacy only training programme. The Pharmacy South East team will be holding two 90-minute webinars to provide further details regarding this funding opportunity. Please register to attend one of the webinars using the link below (you do not need to attend both sessions).
How much funding is available?
- £46,099 per PTPT over the 2-year training period.
- Funding is intended to contribute to the cost of developing and running a two-year work-based training programme.
- It is recommended education costs are covered through apprenticeship levy.
What do I need to do to be eligible for funding?
- Identify you are able to provide educational supervision from a GPhC registered pharmacy professional throughout the full 24-month training programme.
- Complete a short on-line expression of interest with an overview of your proposed training programme. This will be used to shortlist allocation of funding.
- For organisations wishing to deliver a multi-sector programme, have formed a partnership that includes a minimum of two healthcare settings, at least one of which must be responsible for delivery of day-to-day patient facing pharmacy services.
What support is provided by NHS England WT&E?
- Initial Q&A sessions for each Integrated Care System with the NHS England WT&E Pharmacy Technician Lead and dedicated programme facilitator, to help answer any questions and help build networking opportunities for multi sector partnerships.
- Support from a dedicated pharmacy programme facilitator to offer guidance and expertise throughout the 2-year training period.
- Employer network meetings to share experience, practice and resources.
- A range of resources including examples of job adverts and learning plans shared by existing training placements.