Optimising Inhaler Technique – CPPE (Face-to-Face)
9th November 2023 19.00-21.00 (food & refreshments on arrival from 18.30)
Holiday Inn Reading - West Padworth Lane, Bath Road, Reading RG7 5HT
The aim of this programme is to enable pharmacy professionals to provide advice to people using inhaled medicines, to optimise their inhaler use and improve outcomes. The workshop will consider the different types of inhaler devices available, how the delivered dose is made in each type, the breathing technique required for each type and the potential implications of sub-optimal technique.
After completing all aspects of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Describe the different types of inhaler devices and their instructions for use
- Outline how the delivered dose is made in each type of device
- Explain the technique required to achieve the optimum inspiratory flow for each device
- Discuss the potential implications of sub-optimal inhaler technique
- Demonstrate your role as a healthcare professional in optimising inhaled medicines
This is a free event open to pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and trainee pharmacists. As well as a great CPD learning opportunity, you will be able to network with colleagues in person.