Pharmacy, medicines and PCNs Webinar
27th August 2020 12.30-13.30
The new Pharmacy and Medicines Support to Care Homes: Urgent System-Wide Delivery Model is an urgent ‘call to action’ for pharmacy professionals across the system to work in collaborative, multi-professional teams to support care home residents and staff. It describes how teams can work together across the PCN and wider NHS system to ensure residents get the help they need to get the best from their medicines and that staff feel supported in enabling them to do so.
As well as supporting the immediate needs of care home residents during the COVID-19 pandemic, the framework also describes the vital contribution that clinical pharmacists can make to the successful delivery of the PCN Enhanced Health in Care Homes model.
In this webinar, chaired by our PCN Network co-chair Dr Farzana Hussain, you will hear about:
- the important role of pharmacy teams within PCNs
- how the new guidance will benefit patients
- what evidence shows about PCN pharmacy team input into care homes
- and find out more about the OpenPrescribing,net PCN prescribing dashboards
There will also be an opportunity for questions.
Speakers for the event include:
- Dr Adrian Hayter, National Clinical Director for Older People and Integrated Person Centred Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Graham Stretch – Clinical Director, Brentworth PCN and PCN Network clinical directors Board; President,Primary Care Pharmacy Association.
- Brian MacKenna – EBM Datalab – Honorary Research Fellow Pharmacist, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford
EVENT CONTACT DETAILS
020 7799 8664